theCityMoms welcome moms of all ages, races, socio-economic status, and parenting styles. We serve all types of mothers including stepmothers, adoptive mothers, expectant mothers, working mothers, and stay-at-home mothers.
Each person chooses to parent in her own way and all Members agree and understand that theCityMoms’ philosophy is that there is no one ‘right’ way to parent. theCityMoms seek to promote a supportive and positive community and therefore require our Members to be speak to one another with respect and courtesy, even when they may disagree. However, please note that our Members’ opinions do not necessarily reflect the viewpoints of theCityMoms.
theCityMoms will not tolerate displays, that in the sole opinion of theCityMoms, constitute discrimination, bigotry, harassment, violence, or abuse toward any Member. theCityMoms reserve the right to remove any offending content, comments or displays that are conveyed on theCityMoms’ Sites.
Behavior. In addition to the Key Principles above, Members will conduct themselves with decorum at Events and when communicating via the Sites. Members may not engage in any disruptive behavior or behavior that hinders the other Members’ enjoyment of the Event. Members are expressly prohibited from physical violence, inappropriate touching, obscene or offensive language, destruction of property and engaging in criminal or illegal activities at the Events or on the Sites. Any postings on the Sites that theCityMoms reasonably believe or suspect (in theCityMoms sole discretion) are criminal or illegal in nature will be removed. Furthermore, any conduct that theCityMoms suspects is illegal or which poses a threat of illegal activity may be reported to the appropriate authorities. We will cooperate with authorities as needed and in theCityMoms’ sole discretion.
Supervision. At Events, Members are solely responsible for the supervision of their children or any children that are within the Members’ care. Furthermore, Members must ensure that their children or children in their care are behaving in an appropriate manner that promotes the safety of all children. This expressly includes a prohibition on physical violence, inappropriate touching, obscene or offensive language, and destruction of property. Members who fail to adequately supervise their children or attend with children who consistently fail to behave appropriately will be removed from Events and/or refused admittance to Events. Members with and/or supervising children with special needs or disabilities are asked to speak to a Company representative to ensure proper accommodations are made for them.
Guests. From time to time, and at theCityMoms’ sole discretion, Members may be invited to bring a guest to an Event. Should a Member bring a guest/guests to an Event, that Member is solely responsible for the guest’s behavior and is responsible for ensuring that the Member’s guest knows and understands that they are subject to the Terms.
Privacy. We respect the privacy our of Members. Members are not required to share any information with theCityMoms or other Members regarding vaccinations, other medical issues, and lifestyle choices.
New Members. Our goal for all Members is regular activity so that you can gain the most positive experience from the Group.
- All Member profiles must be filled out completely and include a photo of the Member as the main photo. We love photos of your kids but seeing your face on your profile helps our Members know who to look for at Events.
- All Members should be Active. “Active” Members are classified as CityMoms who have paid their Dues and participated in a public Event within the last 6 months.
- theCityMoms reserve the right to remove your membership from the Group if your activity lapses beyond 6 months. All Members will be contacted one time prior to removal on this basis.
- Our Active Members receive wonderful benefits such as:
- A full Events calendar planned by our organizer team
- Access to various premier Events
- With applicable chapter, placement in a neighborhood PLAYgroup
- Advanced movie screenings and business sneak previews
- Approval to join our theCityMoms private Facebook member community – where Members stay connected with each other in the days between physical meetups
- theCityMoms members-only perks and discounts at businesses and organizations
- The ability to join our Mompreneurs ‘moms in business’ networking group
- The opportunity to promote one perk supporting your business to our Group FOR FREE
We ask that new Members please meet an organizer or Event planner at a PUBLIC Event BEFORE attending a private in-home Event, or before hosting an Event yourself (again, for comfort and safety of other Group Members).
Attendance. We know these may sound ‘harsh’ or ‘business-like’ but know that we put this policy in place in order to ensure all Members understand what it means to be a part of an active organization.
- This is a community support and membership group for moms. All Members are asked to be Active. Being Active means attending at least one Event every 6 months and paying your Dues. We understand that some circumstances (e.g. illness, travel, birth, etc.) do not always allow for Active participation, and theCityMoms will make exceptions to this rule on a case-by-case basis. If you are going to be inactive beyond 6 months, please let a representative of theCityMoms know.
- Only RSVP “Yes” to Events that you can attend. Treat any “Yes” RSVP as you would an appointment or a commitment with a close friend.
- No-shows are not permitted. If you RSVP for an event, you are required, per your membership, to attend.
- Attendance Policy (No-Show Policy)
- Anyone who doesn’t follow the instructions outlined below when cancelling from an Event is considered a “No-Show.” theCityMoms reserves the right to cancel any Member’s Membership that accrues three No Shows within a 30-day period.
- If within an hour of the Event you change your RSVP without calling or emailing the host of the Event directly, you will still be marked as a No-Show.
- We understand that occasionally, an emergency may arise. If you have an emergency that prevents you from reaching the host before the Event, please do so within 24 hours after the Event takes place. If you fail to do so, this is considered a No-Show.
- A Member who has been removed for violating our Attendance Policy may rejoin – at the sole discretion of theCityMoms. Members who have been removed more than twice for violating the Attendance Policy or for causing continued behavioral disruption may not be allowed to rejoin the Group.
- In the circumstance that an Event’s attendance drops to three or less Members prior to the start time, the Event hostess has the right to cancel or postpone to a future date without penalty.
Dues and Fees. Dues vary by chapter as outlined below. Effective September 2019:
- Indianapolis: $99/annually; $9.99/monthly
- Muncie: $75/annually; $7.99/monthly
- Dues are to be paid and/or scheduled at the time of group registration.
- For Active Members, Dues collection are offered in two ways: An annual basis, on the anniversary of your join date; OR, a monthly recurring basis at a set amount. PLEASE NOTE: We have a small number of Dues waivers or “scholarships” available each year. If you would like to discuss this option, please contact theCityMoms by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org. All conversations will be kept confidential.
- From time to time we will plan Events with upfront fees (“Fees”) associated, such as fixed-price dinners, classes, etc. Please do not reply “yes” unless you are 100% committed to going and will adhere to the Fee instructions for the Event which will be due at the time of RSVP. Anyone who RSVP’s “Yes,” is responsible for her share of the Event Fee. Failure to pay the Fee for an Event is grounds for membership review, up to and including Membership termination.
- Refunds. In the event your Membership is terminated for a violation of these Guidelines as noted, theCityMoms will not refund Dues or Fees paid.
- Membership Cancelations. In the event of a Membership cancelation by Member, paid fees are not eligible for a refund. Pending fees, whether monthly or recurring annually, are eligible for cancelation only if cancelation is processed and completed by the Member.
Communication. Email is our primary method of communication and a valid email address is necessary to remain connected. Please check your email daily for Event detail changes, waitlist updates and to ensure you are receiving reminders.
Social media. Part of the reason that theCityMoms receive exclusive opportunities for sneak previews, behind-the-scenes events, and more is because of the power of our social media. Members will be encouraged to be social media-active on their personal accounts and tag theCityMoms and #theCityMoms for tracking purposes. All expectations for social media needs will be conveyed to Members ahead of the Event with appropriate tags and hashtags confirmed in advance. We thank you for your assistance!
Solicitation. Many of our Members have their own businesses, but the main purpose of this Group is social, NOT business oriented. Misusing the message boards, email functions of the site, play dates and/or our contact list to solicit for your business is inappropriate and grounds for Membership review, up to and including termination, at theCityMoms’ sole discretion.
- Members must be Active with theCityMoms Group for 90 days or more before soliciting within the Group.
- Solicitations should be limited to once a week and ONLY included in the weekly Mompreneurs posting on our private Facebook page. This post time varies depending on chapter. Please inquire with your Market Director for exact dates/times.
Release. By attending Events you acknowledge and agree to grant theCityMoms the right, at Events to record, film, photograph, or capture your likeness in any media now available or hereafter developed and to distribute, broadcast, use, or otherwise globally to disseminate, in perpetuity, such media without any further approval from you or any payment to you. This grant to theCityMoms includes, but is not limited to, the right to edit such media, the right to use the media alone or together with other information, and the right to allow others to use or disseminate the media. Furthermore, any photographs used in our Events management systems may be used for the purposes stated above.
You understand and agree that theCityMoms is not responsible for any images or videos posted by its Members related to the Events, the Site or the Group.
Unless otherwise stated, theCityMoms owns the intellectual property and rights to all content and material on the Sites. Subject to the license below, all intellectual property rights are reserved.
You may view, download (for caching purposes only), and print pages for your personal use, subject to the restrictions set out below and elsewhere in these Terms.
The following uses are not permitted:
- Republication of content from the Sites, unless content is specifically and expressly made available for republication;
- Sale, rental or sub-license of any content from the Sites;
- Reproduction or duplication of any content on the Sites for commercial purposes;
- Modification of any content on the Sites, unless content is specifically and expressly made available for modification;
- Redistribution of content of the Sites, unless content is specifically and expressly made available for redistribution. Users are permitted to share content on social media channels, as long as a link to the Sites is included.
From time to time, the Sites will utilize various plugins or widgets to allow sharing of content via social media channels, email or other methods. Use of these plugins or widgets does not constitute any waiver of theCityMoms’ intellectual property rights. Such use is a limited license to republish the content on the approved social media channels, with full credit to theCityMoms.
You must not use the Sites in a way that causes, or may cause, damage to the Sites or impairs the availability of access to the Sites. You must not decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise reduce the Sites, except to the extent that such activity is expressly permitted by applicable law. You must not use the Sites to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material that consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit and/or other harmful code or malicious software.
You must not conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities, including, but not limited to scraping, data mining, data extraction or data harvesting on or in relation to the Sites without theCityMoms’ express written permission.
You must not use the Sites to transmit or send any unsolicited commercial communications.
You must not use the Sites for any third-party marketing without theCityMoms’ express written permission.
Unless otherwise noted, the design, content and all components of the Sites are copyrights owned by theCityMoms or third parties and are protected by United States and international copyright laws and should not be reused or republished without express written permission.
theCityMoms’ trademarks and trade dress may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not theCityMoms’, in any manner likely to cause confusion among consumers, or in any manner that disparages or discredits theCityMoms.
From time to time, the Website will legally utilize trademarks owned by third parties related to theCityMoms’ services. These trademarks are the respective property of their owners.
GRANT OF RIGHTS
You grant theCityMoms a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate and distribute any content you contribute to the Website. This includes, but is not limited to, text, images, audio material, comments, video material and audio-visual material. This license extends to all known and future media. You also grant theCityMoms the right to sub-license these rights and the right to bring an action for infringement of these rights.
CONTENT CONTRIBUTED TO THE SITES
Any content you contribute to the Sites, including, but not limited to text, images, audio material, comments, video material and audio-visual material, must not be illegal or unlawful, may not infringe on any third-party’s legal rights, and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action whether against you or theCityMoms or a third party.
theCityMoms reserves the right to edit or remove: (i) any material submitted to the Sites; (ii) stored on theCityMoms’ servers; or, (iii) hosted or published on the Sites. theCityMoms takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any content posted by you or any third party.
Notwithstanding theCityMoms’ rights under these Terms, theCityMoms does not undertake to monitor the submission of all content to, or the publication of such content on, the Sites.
From time to time, the Website will publish posts with images from other third-party websites. Any such use is intended considered fair use under copyright laws and is fully attributed to the owner. If you believe that your copyrighted work has been used on the Website in a way that constitutes copyright infringement and falls outside of fair use, please send a request to email@example.com and we will remove the image within 24 to 48 hours.
If you send theCityMoms an email, register to use the Website or provide your email to theCityMoms in any other way, you consent to receive communications from theCityMoms electronically. You agree that all legal notices provided via electronic means from theCityMoms satisfy any requirement for written notice.
Prior to engaging in any events or commercial transactions with any third parties discovered through or linked on the Sites, you must complete any necessary investigation or due diligence. If there is a dispute for any events or commercial transactions with a third party discovered through or linked on the Sites, you expressly hold theCityMoms harmless from any and all liability in any dispute.
No Warranties. theCityMoms gives no warranties in respect of any aspect of the Event, the Sites or the Group or any materials related thereto to the fullest extent possible under the laws governing this Agreement, disclaims all implied warranties, including but not limited to warranties of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy, timeliness, and merchantability. The Events, Group and the Sites are provided on an “as-is” basis. theCityMoms makes no representations or warranties in relation to the information provided in the content. The information provided by theCityMoms is for informational use only. Neither theCityMoms nor its affiliates accept any responsibility or liability for reliance by you or any person on any aspect of the Events, Sites or Groups or any information provided at the Events, Groups and on the Sites.
Limitation of Liability. Except as required by law, neither theCityMoms nor its affiliates shall be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential costs, damages or losses arising directly or indirectly from any Event, the Sites or other aspect related thereto or in connection with this Group. theCityMoms assume no responsibility or liability for any loss or damage suffered by any person as a result of use of information provided at any Event, on the Sites or in connection with this Group.
The maximum aggregate liability of theCityMoms for any claim in any way connected with, or arising from, any Event, the Sites or this Group, whether in contract, tort, or otherwise (including any negligent act or omission), shall be limited to the amount paid by you to this Group under the Terms.
You agree to carefully consider the inherent risks to yourself and any minor children in your care in any activities that you choose to take part in and to take reasonable precautions before you choose to attend or participate at any Event. For example, you should ensure that you and any minor children in your care are in good physical health before engaging in any physical activity at an Event, and you should always drink responsibly if alcohol is be present at an Event. In sum, you understand that your attendance and participation at any Event is voluntary, and you agree to assume responsibility for any resulting injuries to yourself or any minor children in your care the fullest extent permitted under applicable law.
AO events. Occasionally theCityMoms feature ‘Announcement Only’ (marked as AO) events on our calendar. Please be advised that these events are not managed nor organized by theCityMoms. Any inquiries including event details, customer service issues or other concerns should be directed to the business in charge and not to theCityMoms. theCityMoms assume no liability for any occurrence at or in connection with Announcement Only events.
Indemnity. You agree to indemnify and hold theCityMoms, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives harmless, including costs, liabilities and legal fees, from any claim or demand made by any third party due to, related to, or connected with your attendance or conduct at any Event, your use of the Site or in connection with this Group.
Arbitration. The Terms will be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Indiana. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to the Terms, use of the Sites or attendance or participation at an Event, shall be settled by arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) under its Commercial Arbitration Rules, and judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The place of any such arbitration shall be in or near Indianapolis, Indiana. The parties also agree that the AAA Optional Rules for Emergency Measures of Protection shall apply to the proceedings. For any proceedings not subject to this arbitration provision, any proceedings must occur in the court of relevant jurisdiction in or near Indianapolis, Indiana.
Miscellaneous. theCityMoms’ failure to exercise any right provided for herein shall not be deemed a waiver of any further rights hereunder. theCityMoms shall not be liable for any failure to perform its obligations hereunder where such failure results from any cause beyond theCityMoms’ reasonable control. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that this Agreement shall otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable. This Agreement is not assignable, transferable or sub-licensable by you except with theCityMoms’ prior written consent. Both parties agree that this Agreement is the complete and exclusive statement of the mutual understanding of the parties and supersedes and cancels all previous written and oral agreements, communications and other understandings relating to the subject matter of this Agreement, and that all modifications must be in a writing signed by both parties, except as otherwise provided herein. No agency, partnership, joint venture, or employment is created as a result of this Agreement and you acknowledge that you do not have any authority of any kind to bind theCityMoms in any respect whatsoever.